There are more than 700,000 motor vehicle thefts every year according to the FBI.
Drivers are vulnerable to theft when they take their car's security for granted, even if they know what to do when it comes to do to preventing theft.
Expand Tile's relationship into a bigger part of consumer's daily lives, now more than finding smaller items.
79% always lock their vehicles and 93% never leave a spare key in the vehicle, 56% of Americans don't worry about their cars being stolen.
However, 33% also admit they left their car while it was running and 40% don’t hide their valuables.
Studies also show car alarms don't do anything as noise "show no overall reduction in theft losses".
• Who is the target audience?
• What are the most important features?
• How do we also make sure the product extends further than bluetooth? What if you want to be connected with your car even on vacation?
• Hum by Verizon
Create a preventive and reactive solution to protect users from car theft.
See all the cars you’ve connected within one app.
Review checklist of what to do when you leave your car for vacation, or even going to work.
Detect vibrations and movements to notify the drivers of any suspicious activities when their phone isn’t close to their car.
Alert when OBD tracker is removed forcefully. It sends a notification to the car owner, alarms to warn the thief and contacts the police.
OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) car tracker includes GPS which communicates to your Tile all for real-time updates, specifically for your car. The tracker uses the car’s battery to function and also offline by turning on once an hour. The tracker can be easily connected with your phone through the app.
1. Add a car by downloading the Tile Car app and connecting with the OBD Tracker.
2. Input information about the car such as nickname, model, color, and license number. Users can also upload their own picture of the car.
3. After setting up, the cars will be registered to the My Cars page. Users can swipe to the next car if there are multiple vehicles.
Many of the competitors OBD car tracking apps included various features including: sensing abrupt driving, tracking your kids driving speed, and habits. While designing this product, considerations on adding more features sounded appealing.
However, the main focus of Tile Car is to keep your car safe from theft. With that in mind, final features include checklist for extra security and simple way to report theft to the police remained.
1. Page will show last location from the tracker, and security checklist to keep your car safe.
2. Upon selecting a car, users can review security checklists, view the car on a map, and report theft. User can also edit any car information or checklists in this page as well.
The default checklist include most common ways to prevent thieves to target a user's car such as locking your door, closing your windows, and parking in a well-lit area.
1. Clicking on view map will show the car in a map view. Users can also get to this screen on a car's detail page.
2. User can also go to the map view through the bottom navigations and select a car on the top selection bar. Clicking on their car from map view will direct users to the car's detail page.
1. If a car has detected doors opening from a vibration or moving when the driver’s phone is far away from the car, it will send a notification.
2. Opening the notification will prompt to a pop-up screen for user if they’re the one driving or not.
3. If the car is stolen, another prompt will show to double check if they want to report to the police and share the car’s information for faster recovery.
Research • Strategy • Concept Ideation • UX/UI/IXD • Prototyping
Paper, Invision Studio, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects